Corriganville Park is not only beautiful but historic. Formerly owned by Ray “Crash” Corrigan, this park was once the Corriganville Movie Ranch and was the filming site for over 3,500 movies, TV programs and commercials.
Today, this park is home to 5 different trails that wind around the 246 acre property owned by
the Rancho Simi Recreation and Park District.
- Loop Trail: The Loop trail is a 1.2 mile trail that winds around the sandstone rock outcropping in the middle of Corriganville Park. It is mild to moderate in difficulty, making it perfect for families, children dogs, and runners. Access this trail from any point in the park.
- Wildlife Corridor Trail: The Wildlife Corridor trail is accessible by hiking the Loop Trail to the northeast side of the park. Trail markers will indicate where hikers should travel to reach the Wildlife Corridor trail. This trail is .5 mile in distance. The hike is moderate-strenuous in difficulty, containing steep slopes and cutting underneath the Ronald Reagan freeway. Once hikers reach the wildlife corridor, they may continue onto the Rocky Peak trail that can be reached by taking the path to the right at the fork in the trail.
- Stagecoach Trail : See Stagecoach trail
- Hummingbird Connector Trail: From the northwestern tip of the Loop Trail, head west to find the Hummingbird Connector Trail. This trail is a short .25 mile and finds Foothill Park. Hikers may then choose to walk through Foothill Park and travel west along Charring St. to find Kuehner Dr. Once on Kuehner Dr., travel north until .25 mile north of the 118 freeway onramp to find the trailhead for theHummingbird Trail.
- Interpretive Trail: The Interpretive Trail is the first visible trail you see when you enter Corriganville Park. It is 1.1 miles long and straddles each side of the stream bed. It winds through the Sherwood Forest on the east end of the park and includes 20 interpretive signs input by local Boy Scouts containing information about the plant and wildlife in the area.
How to Get There:
Corriganville Park can be found by traveling south on Kuehner Drive from the 118 freeway for about a mile. Turn left onto Smith Road. Where Smith Road ends (about .6 miles), turn left into the Corriganville Park parking lot.
Happy to be Your Guide
Cheers to the ultimate list of Simi Valley attractions, restaurants and hotels. Let us brighten your day (or spice up your night).