Deck yourself in red, white and blue and get ready for a star-spangled day of celebrating America’s Independence. Of course, the fourth of July wouldn’t be complete without a dazzling firework display- and we have over five decades of experience putting them on! Get the most out of your firework experience with our tips for watching the fireworks in Simi Valley.
Where to Watch the Fireworks in Simi Valley
Simi Valley has been putting on their “Star Spangled Firework Show” for over fifty years, first hosted by the Rotary Club and now the tradition is carried on by the Simi Valley Chamber of Commerce. The event is held at the Santa Susana Community Park from 3 pm to 8 pm where you can enjoy the event vendors and other fun surprises. Bring your lawn chairs and blankets OR enjoy the VIP experience in an air conditioned area or under an umbrella in your own private area and includes catered food and drinks.
Other Fourth of July Activities
Celebrate America’s 243rd birthday at the Ronald Reagan Library with family-friendly entertainment, president look-alikes, storytelling, arts and crafts and more! The event also features all American food and a thrilling patriotic concert.
The event runs from 10 am- 3 pm and is the perfect place to spend your day before heading down to the firework show. All forth of July activities are free, regular admission applies for touring the museum.
- If you are coming from out of town, the Metrolink Train Station is across the street from the park. To avoid traffic and easily access the event-consider taking the train!
- Parking is limited, carpool if possible and be ready to walk
Things to Know
- People come early to stake out the best viewing spots- if you want to be up close come early
- Roads will be closed down Stearns between Cochran and Los Angeles Ave for the event
What to Bring
- A blanket, towel or folding chair
- Snacks and beverages if you don’t wish to purchase them
- Cash for vendors